Sunday, May 12, 2013

To My Mother

Mom,

Almost 26 years ago after 3 boys you were blessed finally with a sweet baby girl, well, with a baby girl; sweet may not have been an adjective you would've use to describe me.

I am sure you weren't prepared for how much joy and how much pain you could feel with one child.

I bet the high's were high and the lows may have been almost unbearable.

I am sure there were times you wanted to slap me across the face (you may have done it once, we can pretend not though ;).

I hate to think about the times that I made you cried and I am sure that there were more times then I'll never know about.

I bet there were times when you would've given everything just to have me listen to you and I wish I would've listen to you more.

There were times when I thought you didn't love me but really you were protecting me.

And As the years have passed I have learned how much you really love me.

I may never fully understand the trials you have been through but I now see how strong you really are.

Now I see that you are much of the reason why we have an eternal family.

I see how much you sacrificed for me an everyone else in our family.

I see now how much more I want to be like you.

Thank you for giving up so much to shape me into the woman I have become.

Thank you for loving me even when I was hard to love.

Thank you for being the BEST Mom.

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!




No comments:

Post a Comment