Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Yes, I am a beginner...


I finally got a road bike! I have been wanting one for years but these things can be expensive. I got my tax returns and I budgeted $600 for a used bike in hopes that I would find something.

I refuse to EVER delete anyone from Facebook bc you never know how they may be of assistance in years to come. A girl that had deleted me and I reconnected on FB a few weeks ago and then she posted this bike for sale for... 
600 bucks!!!! 

I love it, it fits perfectly and rides great but I am a long ways away from being a true cyclist.

I don't really know what any of the lingo means, don't ask me what speed it is or how many gears it has on it, I have NO idea. 

I know how to shift the gears but I really don't know what is the best gear to be in and when 
I should shift.

I still don't own a helmet or a lock for the bike.

I bought an extra cushion for the ridiculous seat but later learned it creates chaffing problems.

I still want to be able to listen to music as I ride which is a NO NO. I have a friend who runs a business that sells speaker inserts for helmets, may be I can get some of those. 

But I do need a helmet first...

So here is to a new adventure! 

10 days till my 100 miler and I have only gone 10 miles all at once... May be I should sign up for a shorter distance ;). 





1 comment:

  1. I love the bike! I've wanted one for years as well but haven't talked Brandon is the that purchase yet. :) Good luck with your 100 mile ride. You'll do great!

    ReplyDelete