Sunday, March 10, 2013

Sunday Hike To The Y

After making lunch for a few friends this Sabbath day (thanks to my SIL Brooke, I am now fairly good at making a DELICIOUS thai meal and everyone was satisfied) my friend and I took a little walk outside and it was absolutely beautiful. He mentioned wanting to hike the Y and reminded me that I have been wanting to do that for a while.

But I got lazy, laid in bed and started to watch a chick flick. I began to think about how beautiful it is outside and how I was wasting the day away laying in bed. So I jumped up, changed my clothes and headed out the door. 

And I began the Hike alone:


Time to think, to reflect, and to enjoy all that God has given me. During my lesson today and girl in the class talked about how important it is that sometimes we shut off our minds and listen to our hearts. So I just tried to listen to my heart, I tried turning off my mind and just enjoying the time alone with my soul, and God's creations. 

I didn't have any crazy revelations, nothing really inspiring happened, I didn't make some big change in my current plans, I didn't get guidance one who I should date, I just hiked. I enjoyed the beautiful weather, the time I got away from the noise of the world, and the time I had alone to get back in tune with my spirit.

I believe that deep down our spirits know who we want to be, who we should be, and they can help us get there if we just take some time to be alone with them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment