Sunday, March 17, 2013

The Quest Towards Perfection

Is not an easy task.

But it is a commandment. 

Matthew 5:48 "Be ye therefore perfect as your heavenly Father is perfect"

Man, this can be daunting.

When I signed up for this whole gig (completely the 2013 Cozumel Ironman). I was on fire. I had a set schedule and I was determined to do it. I knew it would be tough but the hardest thing is trying to balance everything else and putting away those other desires.

And this week I FAILED miserable. I only got up twice to work out and the work outs were LAZY.

While feeling like a total failure, I woke up saturday morning and began reading up on my lesson for Relief Society. A few things that President Snow said really resinated in my heart:


“Do not expect to become perfect at once. If you do, you will be disappointed. Be better today than you were yesterday, and be better tomorrow than you are today.”

“My young friends, there is an opportunity for you to become great—just as great as you wish to be. In starting out in life you may set your hearts upon things very difficult to attain to, but possibly within your reach. In your first efforts to gratify your desires you may fail, and your continued efforts may not prove what may be termed a success. But inasmuch as your efforts were honest efforts, and inasmuch as your desires were founded in righteousness, the experience you obtain while pursuing your hearts’ desires must necessarily be profitable to you, and even your mistakes, if mistakes you make, will be turned to your advantage.”3

Brothers and Sisters, we will fail in our lives, and we may be frustrated, and mad at ourselves when we do because we know that we are commanded to be perfect. But we must always remember that tomorrow is a new day. We must remember that we will fail but what is most important is that we get back up and get back to work.

So that is what I will be doing tomorrow. I will start tonight by taking another walk up the Y by myself to clear my head and tomorrow morning I will be back to the grind. I have put a few reminders on my mirror to see everyday:







5 comments:

  1. You are so great. Love reading your posts- they are inspiring. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lady! I hope to see you again someday! Aren't we in the same city??

      Delete
  2. Bree, I love this post so much; exactly what I needed to read today. I love that quote by President Snow. Thanks for sharing! Good luck! You look great in that photo, too :) Okay, I'll stop commenting now. love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks SIS! I love and miss you, we still need to skype!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for this post. That was something I needed to read as well. I love that quote! I think you're wonderful Bree. :) Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete