Saturday, June 22, 2013

Just The Beginning


Over a month ago I was planning a BBQ for work and my boss Ryan asked me to call his friend, Aaron to do the cooking. They had done BBQ’s together before and Ryan spoke very Highly of his BBQ skills.

So I called him up to ask him what we should cook. I couldn’t help but tell that he seemed cute over the phone but I didn’t know anything about him, and I really didn’t know if he was single.

We set up a time to meet at Costco and he told me to look for the big Polynesians. While waiting a super tall older poly walked by, then a poly with his girlfriend and both time I was praying my heart it wasn’t him. I started to get a little antsy (also, I had my nephew with me because I was babysitting for the weekend).

Then I saw this handsome, dark, buff man walking towards me with the cutest smile and I am pretty sure my heart skipped a beat. I quickly informed him that the child wasn’t mine and tried to not give too much interest.

We did our hing shopping and I was a hot mess, partly because I wasn’t totally ready for the BBQ and because he made me nervous. I learned later that he was smitten by my being a hot mess.

The next day was the BBQ and I thought he looked so cute but I didn’t get to talk to him much because we were both trying to make sure everything ran smoothly.  But I snuck a photo of him ;)


I felt for a second his eyes on me at one point and noticed he was looking at me with complete intrigue but didn't know if he was going to ask me out. 

We texted a little later that day but I didn't want to seem desperate so I didn't push anything. But I sure did find a way for us to meet up again. I "had" to take a reimbursement check for some food that his sister bought to him (my boss totally could've taken it to her).

So that next Monday I met up with him at his work and we talked for two hours! I was waiting for him to ask me out and felt like he wanted to but he didn't. Finally because I needed to leave I said we should hang out and he quickly said "when?!" I responded with "wednesday..." and he said yes. I was suppose to go out with someone else that night but made sure to take a "rain check" on that one, and I am so glad I did that.

Our first date was just dinner. It was good. Nothing special. I was a little bored because he seemed SO SERIOUS. He was asking all these deep questions and barely laughed. I now know that it was because he felt like something really could happen between us. I on the other hand wasn't sure but I did want to see him again.

So friday he took me to the airport cause I was headed out of town for a big singles event in southern California. I wasn't able to catch the first flight (I fly standby) and he WAITED around for me. The next flight wasn't for 4 hours so he picked me up and we headed out to do some shopping and met up with my sister in law and nephews. That is when my SIL fell in love with him. She just had a good feeling about him and later texted me something like "well, isn't he just the cutest". She even said something to my brother about it later that night.

I then went on my way to Cali and had a BLAST. I thought about him often and wasn't really interested in meeting anyone else but then I did... Some boy kind of swept me off my feet and we had a fun time together. Feeling a little torn I headed back to Utah.

Aaron picked me up from the airport and he could tell something was a little off. We had a pretty intense conversation considering I had only been on one date with him. And he made it clear that he wanted to date me and me only (mind you this was coming from a boy that hadn't dated or kissed a girl in two years).

I spent the next few days in a battle as I spent my days with Aaron while the other guy continued to text me and wanted to see me when he was coming into Utah the next weekend.

That next weekend my whole family was coming in for my nephews sealing and my SIL wanted me to invite Aaron. I thought, what the heck, my family have met all my boyfriends before and why not just throw him into the trenches. A little hesitant he agreed.

As friday drew closer I knew I needed to decide if I was going to see the other guy. Following my logic I hung with Aaron friday and that folks was the BEST decision I ever made. He met some of the family that night and seemed to fit right in.

Saturday we were heading to the temple and I drove to American Fork to meet up with him and realized I didn't have my temple reccommend. And this is when I knew I could be with this boy... As I was freaking out he calmly grabbed my hand and drove as fast as he could back to Provo the whole way easing my fear that we were going to make it. Just what I needed.

After the sealing my Dad, who tries to steer clear of getting involved with my relationships, sent me a text saying "Now, this isn't prophesy or anything but I could totally see you two together". A peaceful feeling came and I knew I agreed. 

We have spent everyday together since. And I truly believe he is my soulmate. He told me that the first day we talked on the phone he knew my voice was familiar. I can't say I felt the same but I can say that I have always felt like with EVERY guy there was something missing and with him I literally feel complete. It didn't come all at once and we both had to make sacrifices and we both had DECIDE to be together and then it all fell into place.

I feel like I am the luckiest girl in the world and it was totally worth the wait.






The first time we said "I love you" to come...



6 comments:

  1. I've been waiting to hear the story!!!! I love it!! Can't wait for the rest! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Bri! I felt the same with when I met my hubby! It's such an incredible feeling. The Lord is good. I am sooo excited for you guys! You are a very beautiful couple and have a beautiful future together! Love, Katie Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in love with you being in love!!!

    ReplyDelete