Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Sisterhood (Women Crush Wednesday)

 


I have been blessed with some of the most wonderful friends a girl could ask for (not all are pictured here). Over the years I have built some long lasting friendships that have been there for me in more ways than I can count. Like the one time I told them I was getting married and they had 6 weeks to find a flight and a dress to come out and celebrate with me on my big day and they all did. 

I was reminded this past weekend of the power of sisterhood and how important it really is. All of these women and many others have been with me during really important times of my life, they have been an example, a good friend, a listener, or just an AWESOME wingman to some fabulous parties. 

I value my friendships so much and HATE to lose any, EVER. But all of my friends and I are different. 

Some have chosen to move on to having a family early and then have kid after kid which people love to make it clear to them that they think it is crazy. Some have chosen paths that have lead them away from the gospel, while others are as devoted as can be. Some have chosen to be working moms, while others have decided to stay home with the kids. Some of them just have a different way of life, that you or I may not understand.

But I still love them and I was reminded of how important that love and our friendship are. 

We women NEED each other. We RELY on each other. And it is so important that no matter how different we may be at different stages of our lives, that we find the good in each other. 

Bonnie L. Oscarson said:

"If there are barriers it is because we ourselves have created them. We must stop looking at our differences and find out what we have in common." 

No matter how different we are. It is so important that we find what we have in common instead of focusing on the differences. 

Sisters, we need to find the good in each other, we need to love each other more, we need to devote ourselves to helping each other more, and we need to remember we NEED each other. 


No comments:

Post a Comment