Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Tears and Love From Strangers

I went to visit my brother this weekend to visit his family and new baby boy Will. It's so sweet to think that Will was most recently with my baby boy probably hanging out talking about the good and bad of the families they would soon be with.

On my way to the SLC airport my flight time changed to 15 min early (15 min is a big deal in the flight world) and I didn't know it until I walked in to print off my boarding pass (you have to be checked in and have a boarding pass 30 min early and I would've been if the flight hadn't changed). Also I only ever go until last minute because I fly standby and rarely get on the flight until the last minute.

Luckily I was able to find a guy to help me print off the pass and I ran to the security check point. While there I began to feel my pregnancy emotions getting the best of me. I begged to have them let me in the first class line where NO ONE was. But they insisted I go to the other line.

While there I tried to hold back tears, when I got to the ID check point I asked the guy why my flight would've changed to earlier. He couldn't help me and the tears started to flow.

I apologized about being emotional and mentioned the pregnancy tends to whack out my emotions.

A sweet woman in front of me let me go head without me saying a word to her, then another man, and then another boy. I made it through the security in 5 min and then RAN to my gate, if you have never seen a pregnant woman running to a flight, you are missing out.

I got to my flight in the nick of time and actually had a seat ready for me.

I am grateful for the kind people in the world that are still willing to help even a Stranger (it might also have to do with being pregnant, I feel like people are a little more kind when you are).

After another flight and some good luck I was able to make it to Will's blessing and see some of my family for a few days. I hope I will always look for an opportunity to help serve strangers, whether pregnant or not, like others have helped me.


No comments:

Post a Comment