Thursday, March 20, 2014

Coming To Accept Your Body

during pregnancy.

I can’t even believe that at one time in my life I complained about my body.

My checks were always kind of chubby but they were fine.

My arms, I always thought they were HUGE, but really, they were just fine.

My stomach, though didn’t have definable abs, was still fine.

My butt was my pride but I could always find an issue with it, but it also was fine.

My legs still touched but they were fine.

DANG, I was looking GOOD! (I am the one on the left if you couldn't tell...)

Can you believe that I had these tiny of issues with my body!?

I often beat myself up over what my body looked like. I spent a lot of time working on it, molding it, fixing it. And now matter how skinny I got I could always find something wrong with it.

I am realizing how important it is for women to accept their bodies in its stages. If you don’t accept it before pregnancy, you will find that your lack of confidence will increase in a way that could be unhealthy and detrimental.

Luckily, I have been blessed with a man who loves me and makes it clear that he loves the changes that have happened. I am sure he is excited for the day when he can lift me a little bit easier, or give me a hug without a belly bumping him but until then he loves that my body is taking care of our baby no matter what not so SEXY changes are happening.

I guess what’s important is that we can accept that our bodies are being used for a greater cause than ourselves and no matter what happens we can be grateful to be a tool in God’s hands to help bring his children to this earth.  I think coming to understand that will help us get through the changes before, during and after a baby is brought into this world.

P.S Since kind of giving up sugar (we cheated by eating some whipped cream with strawberries) and eating a little healthier my husband has already lost 7 lbs.!? Men are ridiculous with how quickly they lose weight. Can I get an AMEN!?

1 comment:

  1. When Parker just thinks about losing weight, he drops five pounds. I'm over here, poundin' pavement by running 20 miles a week and praying for a half pound drop! I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete