Monday, March 24, 2014

DANG you Kirkland...


Why do you have to be so deceiving?

This mom to be now feels like a complete IDIOT due to your packaging.


Last week I was babysitting my cute nephews. I had recently relieved the other babysitter who was upstairs changing the baby who was crying pretty hard. He told me he had had a rough day with some messy diapers and a rash.

When it came time for me to change him a little while later I looked around downstairs for some baby wipes when the older boy told me to look upstairs. I ran up quickly and grabbed the bag of wipes that were on the changing table along with the rash cream.

As I started to change him I had a thought that the wipes were a little longer than ones I had use before. I looked down and read KIRKLAND and missed all the other writing that was facing the other way because the cap was flipped up. I  had the thought, “hmm, I wonder if I’ll buy the Costco brand baby wipes, who knows”.

He was crying and I was trying to calm him down as I finished up.

After the other boys went outside with Uncle Aaron and me and the baby hung out, and he seemed fine.

A few minutes later the parents came home and I told them he had been a little fussy during the diaper change and it probably was from his rash.

I left to dinner with Aaron and soon received a text from my SIL. She asked “were you using the wipes in the blue package? Cause those are disinfecting wipes…”

Immediately I freaked out inside. How could I have been such an IDIOT. If anyone of you have know my SIL, you’ve probably heard some other stupid things I have done at her house, I swear I am cursed in that home.

I have decided I will NEVER purchase the disinfecting wipes that come in the same packaging as baby wipes because CLEARLY I am a big IDIOT and don’t notice details.

Here’s to this new mom to be! Luckily I have 9 more weeks left to smooth out some rough edges. 

No comments:

Post a Comment