Monday, March 17, 2014

10 Weeks to Baby


Aaron and I slept in and snuggled WAY later than we should today. I usually get antsy about him going to work and me starting my day as soon as possible (I use to believe you were only accomplishing something if you were always busy) but today I embraced it.

Can't you tell how much he LOVES pictures...


Actually, I LOVED every second of it.

In 10 weeks or less our lives will be flipped upside down.  Sleep will be harder to find. We will soon be spending more money on necessities. Snuggling will involve three instead of two. Trips out of the house will entail a lot more. A crying baby will interrupt movies and TV shows. The list could go on.

Life will be different, a good different but non the less different.

Many of you have read some of my blog post the last few months where I had found myself in a state of change that was difficult. I lost myself for some time and stopped enjoying life because I felt like I wasn’t contributing to it like I should’ve been. But I have come to accept the season of my life and enjoy it. And am now onto a new season #tenweekstobaby.

Since change is inevitable I am going to start preparing myself better for it. So I have set 10 interesting goals to accomplish for #tenweekstobaby. I will slowly prepare emotionally for Baby Boy Singh, physically for my after body, spiritually with my husband and I’s relationship and lastly, fincancially.

1.)  Snuggle as MUCH as possible

2.)  Consistent Family Home Evening with Aaron

3.)  Set date nights out of the house weekly

4.)  Seek out examples of women and mothers that I would like to emulate 
(Women crush Wednesday will be happening here on the blog)

5.)  Aaron and I have decided to cut out sugar (with one cheat day) for the next 10 weeks.  
He has also gained some baby weight ;)

6.)  Consistent low impact exercising during the week

7.) Find good, healthy new recipes.

8.)  Read at least one parenting book to prepare for baby (I am open to suggestions)

9.)  Purchase one baby item weekly (I have almost NOTHING ready for him)

10.)  Save an extra $1000

We are so close to bringing a wonderful baby boy into our family and I know I will NEVER be able to fully prepare for what lies ahead but I’ll do my best and in the meantime enjoy every second with just us two before we become three…

10 weeks to baby, ready, set, go!  

2 comments:

  1. 1. Read BabyWise and then ask me questions. My kid are fantastic sleepers because of that book.
    2. I love this website: http://www.skinnytaste.com/ Chicken Enchiladas are BOMB!
    3. The one baby item I wish I had from day one is a really nice swing. On the roughest days, when nothing calms the baby, a swing seems to do the trick :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Warning: Reading all those baby books stressed me out and they all contradict each other. Listen to your gut. That's was my favorite book to read. (But I hate reading. I prefer TV! I am starting an anti-reading movement. Just kidding. I'm too lazy for that.) I also grilled my mom about all her tips and tricks. I remember writing a post just like this before Tyson was born. :)

    The best piece of advice I was ever given (since you didn't ask HA!) was to enjoy each stage. They won't always want to lay on your chest and snuggle. You won't always get to have a crib in your home. They won't always let you rock them to sleep. They won't always want to nap with you. Soak it all in and be easy on yourself. Let them be little.

    SO EXCITING!!

    ReplyDelete