Monday, April 29, 2013

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, GIVE UP!!!!


Of the two climbs I did a couple weeks ago, this one was definitely the toughest. The holes are huge and great to hold onto however there were a few gaps where they were just enough far apart to make you think you were going to reach the next level.

At one point I got completely stuck and didn't know how I was going to move forward. Down below a friend explained exactly what I should do in order to move up but I doubted that I would be able to do it. I tried a few times placing my right arm deep into a hole and lifting my left leg up to reach the next crevasse. But my heart was racing and I was freaking out (even though you are totally strapped in and will be caught if you fall it is still really freaky).

I debated whether I wanted to give up. I had already done my first climb outside and defeated it! I felt like I had done enough for the day and I wanted to just stop. But I had friends cheering me on and the sheer will to accomplish a tough thing. So I tried again and made it. There were only a few more levels to the top and I reached it! The feeling at the top was sheer giddiness and I was screamed with joy!

Saturday night while tying to figure out what I would teach for Relief Society I found this talk and knew it was what I needed to teach on.

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, GIVE UP!

Many of you know the struggles I have had recently and the moments when I was just ready to throw in the towel. Thanks to wonderful friends, and great leaders of the church I have once again found peace and solace in trying times.

And this talk was yet another reminder to NEVER give up.

We are going to face challenges that are going to push us to our limits. We are going to have struggles that will make us feel as though we cannot go any further but I know that as we push forward in Faith we can find peace again, we can be happy and the blessings of Heaven will flow into our lives.

And I imagine when the end comes and we've made it, it will feel a little like I did that day I climbed.



No comments:

Post a Comment