Sunday, April 14, 2013

Taking A Leap Of Faith

This weekend I did a lot of Firsts.

I went to Moab.

I jumped off the Corona Arch.

I went on a run without a trail.

I rocked climbed outside.

I drove a dirt bike all by myself.

I decided last minute to hit up Moab with a bunch of singles. I have been feeling like I haven't enjoyed my single life as much as I should. I want to stop wasting so much time on just dating and focus on doing things that are going to stretch me, that I am going to enjoy and who knows, maybe I'll meet someone along the way. Doing things like this can be scary because you are getting out of your comfort zone.

Sometimes you just have to TAKE A LEAP OF FAITH.

I didn't know very many people going down to Moab with this group, and even the people I knew weren't good friends of mine, just acquaintances. But I took a leap of faith and I ended up making some really awesome and new friends.

The first night I got there we just hung around the fire, made s'mores and got to know each other a little more. There I met some friends that would take me on a few adventures.

The next morning we got up early and a small group of us headed to the Arch. the hike was about a mile in and one fo the girls and I bonded over our Ironman training. She is doing one this July!

We sat around a lot looking at the arch about 150 feet up that we would soon be jumping off of. It gives me chills right now thinking about it. A few went up first while others waited. I later went up by myself and the climbed up the side almost scared me out of the jump. You are connected to a rope but to the right of you is a huge drop and it was freaking me out!

While watching others jump I decided that I wasn't going to let my mind take over. I had been preparing for the jump, I knew the precautions needed were there and I knew that I was ready. As I got strapped in my legs started to shake and my heart was pounding. I put my hand on the guide and stood there as he described what I need to do. He was cute and I thought I should just kiss him now cause this could be my last few seconds :). But I didn't lol.

The second I was all ready I looked at where I needed to go, and then I TOOK A LEAP OF FAITH and jumped. The feeling was INSANE. I free fell for a couple seconds feeling free from absolutely EVERYTHING. The only thing connected to I couldn't even feel. I was free falling. It was a feeling I really cannot describe. The sad part is because I didn't hesitate and I jumped so fast that they weren't even ready for me, they didn't get the video going! I don't have video of one of the craziest things I have ever done (this is more of a rush then sky diving).

But I did get this photo:
I jumped from up there!!!

After all was done with the jump we headed back to camp. Many people went out on quads, hikes and other things but I needed to go for a run. I have a Marathon to run in ONE week!!!

So I went for a short run, I started on the roads and then got the guts to just run off road. This is where I ran:

Nothing too pretty but it was so fun to go off the path, to take a risk. I felt like I ran faster because it was something different, exciting. 

I went back to the campsite and soon a new friend came and picked me up to go rock climbing. When we got to the site I was instantly scared. I have only really done in doors and then time I tried outdoors it was years ago and it was a mess (the climb was way too hard for a beginner.

After some convincing from my friend Victor I decided to put on a harnest and go. I took a LEAP OF FAITH trusted those who knew what they were doing...And guess who made two climbs!!! IT WAS AMAZING. Such a cool thing to conquer!

Posing before climbing I don't look scared but I was.

Good thing I have long legs!

Can You even believe I did it!?

Victor and I getting set up for my second climb.

Then this morning before packing up. Victor offered to take me for a ride on his dirt bike. I fell in love with riding with my ex from last year and was stoked to go even though it was freezing. Within minutes of being on the bike Victor asked if I wanted to drive. Freaking out a bit I said yes. I took another LEAP OF FAITH and trusted someone who knew what they were doing. I started up and within a minute I was riding. It was yet again...AWESOME.

I am grateful for the fun things there are to do around me, for the great people that want to see me succeed in all aspects of life, and I am so grateful for having a wee bit of Faith in my life. Faith not only helps me conquer great things but it also helps me to get through the tough times, it helps me remember why I am here. It helps me to do hard things even when I don't feel prepared to do them. 

And it is Faith that will continue to help me progress to being a better person, to becoming more like my Father in Heaven and it will be the driving force that will help me return to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment