Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Just Be Sweet


I am sorry to the person who smiled in the car next to me this morning. I wish I prepared myself to be sweet when I walked out the door this morning.

Instead this morning I was wasting my time reading an article that had to do something with my religion that made my hear hurt and I couldn’t believe some of the comments that were written to demean and belittle something that I hold so dear.

With that said I can’t believe some of the comments I have read to articles recently that I may not agree with either. I don’t understand why some people are so ready to jump to demeaning, argumentative, unkind things, just because they may not agree.

I am sad that at some points in my life I have allowed myself to be involved in this. It breaks my heart to think about how often I have been involved in hurting someone when I could've avoided it.

My husband said to me the other night:

“I could care less if you made money, if you changed the world in some big way someday, or if you invented the next big thing, I just love when you are sweet, just be sweet and you will always have me as your cheerleader.”

I feel like sometimes we want to be right instead of kind. I don't know what it is about human nature that makes us feel like we need to prove our point and be right. 

I have decided that I want to be the kind of person that feels LOVE when they come into my home. I want them to feel kindness when I speak to them. I want their heart to feel full after we hang out. 

So with VALENTINES DAY coming up, maybe we can just be sweet to all those around us. 

And if you need a little more help to be sweet you can always buy yourself (or me) some of the best valentines day has to offer:



No comments:

Post a Comment