Thursday, February 6, 2014

Sharing Your Faith Online

My Husband hates social media. He has never had a facebook, couldn't pick the instagram app icon out of a match up, and sometimes he cringes when I am writing on my blog (I understand that fear because sometimes my censorship isn't up to par...).

It's sometimes a fight to get him to even take a photo with me, in fear that I am going to post it. 

He actually has offered to completely forgo Ipad games if I rid of my Insta and FB, if only I could truly give them up...

However I know that so much good can be done in the social media world, as long as it really is used for good.

But instead of finding the good or writing about the good, I have found myself reading terrible celebrity gossip, indulging in controversial subjects that end up making me feel bad, all the while judging myself and others about ridiculous things.

This morning I read this beautiful article about using blogging to share our faith. And I began to think more and more about how much I don't share my faith in my posts on FB or Insta. Instead I post about all the "cool" or "funny" moments in my life (don't get me wrong, it's important to share these things, they are quite enjoyable).

Starting today I hope to share more and more about my faith with confidence to those I love. 





No comments:

Post a Comment