Thursday, December 27, 2012

Christmas Day Run


I don’t think that I have ever run or worked out EVER on Christmas Day. But this year I did.

We woke up early as usual and opened gifts. It was a small group of us. Just my parents and my second oldest brother, his wife and twin boys. That is small compared to having the other 4 siblings their spouses and 5 nieces/nephews. I sure did miss them.

After the gifts were open I went to change and when I came out the twins were hanging out in their diapers just as happy as can be. Now it has taken a while for them to warm up to me because they have only met me twice in their 14 months on this earth so any second I get to have them play with me and them enjoy it is precious. As I played I couldn’t help but try to convince myself not to head out on the run.

 


But I knew that if I made an excuse today I will make those excuses often. So when they went down for a nap I headed out.

It was nice to be outside running, it was beautiful and surprisingly not very cold.



I loved running downtown New Jersey. It is so different than Utah, the architecture, the feel, the weather, even the very few people that I saw outside. I learned something new about myself, I really am not a typical tourist, I could care less about seeing the sights, what I LOVE is meeting the new people at those sights. I wish that I could just travel the world and interview people. Maybe I could just run across the world and along the way stop and talk to random people to hear their life stories. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm AMAZED that you found the willpower to run on Christmas day. Love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree with Brooke. Great job for getting up and going! I'm excited to read about the progress you'll make as you get ready for the ironman. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete