Monday, December 17, 2012

The Wedding Dress


Tomorrow my little sister gets married.

I always had a feeling like she would beat me to the alter and she has. But of course I get to take some of the credit, because I set them up. I think I'll save that story for another time.

Last night after a day filled with family time and a super fun Bridal Shower my sister and our roommate drove home. We were talking about her wedding dress and my roommate asked to see mine (My wedding date was Feb, 18th of this year but we never made it).

With excitement I said "Why don't I put it on!" So I ran to my room and excitedly got it out (I fell in love with the dress years before when I was shopping for a dress during my first "engagement"). I was sadden when I couldn't zip it up all the way, I swear I am smaller than I use to be. I thought maybe if my sister would help then we would be able to get it up but there was no hope.

I still put it on and modeled it for my sis and roommate. I love that dress and can't wait to wear it one day.

The sad thing is that apparently I am bigger than I was! Granted, the dress wouldn't zip right by my shoulder blades so I just keep telling myself it's because I am getting bigger muscles.  Either way this is going to have to have be another focus. I would think if I am training for running 26.2 miles, 112 mile bike, and 2.4 mile swim then I should slim down a little right?

Now, I don't want to really go on a strick diet or become obsessed with the idea of being tiny (I spent too many years worrying about that stuff and vow not to let myself get wrapped up in that). My plan is to enjoy food but not over eat, drink a soda once in a while but not everyday, enjoy a scoop of ice cream here in there, and eat out once in a while. Who knows maybe a few ideas will come up over the next several months of how to get over some food addictions or what but for now I am just gonna make some small changes.

So the next goal for the year, to fit back into my wedding dress and hopefully wear it sometime soon after ;). How has some of your weight loss ideas worked for you?

2 comments:

  1. Cool post :)
    I am a HUGE fan of food so sometimes it's hard for me not to eat. Luckily I have a high metabolism, but I also have to keep working out. The thing for me is the grocery store and habits. 1. If you don't buy it, you won't eat it, so don't buy unhealthy food. This makes dessert parties and other things more enjoyable anyway because it becomes a rare things! 2. Habit!! If you eat healthy foods, and only healthy foods for at least 4 weeks, you will only enjoy healthy foods from then on! Also, it's good for your body to eat about every hour, but something healthy! A small snack, granola bar, apple, etc.
    Breakfast should be a big meal, lunch should be medium, and dinner should be small. Our society is pretty much opposite of that but it's best for you body! It only makes sense too because you burn the most calories during the day, so all you go to bed with is your small dinner :) try it out.
    love ya bree!!!!
    LO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bree you should never obsess or worry about your body. You are truly one of the most beautiful people I have ever met inside and out. I love your sweet spirit, the love and affection you have for everyone including strangers and you strength and will to always be the best you. There is nothing more beautiful in the world than that.

    ReplyDelete