Saturday, December 15, 2012

The Starting Line

I tend to start a lot of things, and don't seem to finish much. Two broken off engagements, 6 jobs since I graduated (I did Graduate college though, I'd say thats finishing something pretty big), the countless weight loss attempts, growing my hair long, I even set daily goals for the gym but often stop with only 5 min left on a run.

I don't want to be that girl anymore. I am tired of starting things and not finishing them. With year 2013 rolling around I have decided this is going to be a year of finishing. A year where goals will be set and WILL be accomplished.

I decided to set a pretty tough goal to start, the Cozumel Ironman in December of 2013. This is where you can follow me as I take this LONG and TOUGH journey to finishing something I have had on my mind the last few years.  It is time for me to stop talking the talk and walking the walk. I figure I am giving myself enough time as well as a way to hold me accountable (the blog). Other goals will be set and accomplished, and I am sure there will be many failures along the way.

Since I have yet to finish many things what is going to be different this time around?

I don't really know, and until we reach our endgoal we don't really know. The cool thing is that we still have so much time to start over. And today I have started over.



Today I ran 5 miles in 60 min. Way slower than I would like but I just want to start building stamina right now. I haven't run 5 miles all at once in a while so I was happy I did today. And guess what I said I would run for 60 min and I did, straight through! 

And then I treated myself:

SO here is to a NEW Starting Line. We all have to start somewhere and today I started. How about you? Why not start now instead of waiting till January 2013. We miss out on a lot of time waiting for the next monday, the next month or the new year. 

Let's get to our Starting Line TODAY. 

1 comment: