Sunday, December 30, 2012

Rainy Day Run


Yesterday morning I planed on waking up early to go on a run, I kept checking the time and saying to myself I can sleep in a little bit more. I finally got up put on my running clothes and played with my nephews while looking out the window periodically, watching the rain, trying to think of reasons why I shouldn’t go outside.

As I was complaining about going out in the rain my mom said to me, “what are you going to if its pouring the day of your race?!” I am grateful for my mom and I am so glad I started this blog; it is a great way for me to be held accountable. And if I really want to do this Ironman I need to stay true to my training everyday no matter the weather.

So I headed out, I was soaked within minutes. The first few minutes were tough and I tried to convince myself to cut the run short but after about a mile I was feeling fine. Half way through I took this picture:



And after this picture I started up running again and it was HELL. If you lived in a humid place before then you will know what I am talking about when I say that I was absolutely FREEZING. It is not as cold here as it is in Utah, it is a different cold, it is piercing, I don’t even know how to explain it.  Plus I was soaking wet and I felt like my clothes weighed ten pounds.

The last mile I was struggling big time, I really wanted to start walking. I put my hands on my hips and almost came to a walk when I my brother sped by in his car and honked at me. It was a nice little reminder to keep pushing it. And I made it back having hit my goal for the day. And this is how soaked my hair was:


No comments:

Post a Comment