Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Years Kiss


Over the last few weeks I had debated what I was going to do for this new years. After a tough year I thought it would be nice to spend it alone. I convinced myself that was what I was going to do. I talked to an old college buddy about it and he told me there was no way I was spending it alone and we would do something together. After going back and forth up until the last minute on what do do we settled on the Institute dance up at the U.

I convinced my roommate and another boy to go and we were about ready to go when I got a call from my friend saying he had hit his head hard snowboarding and wasn't going to go out at all. We still decided to go up until the last minute when me and my roommate both felt icky about going. For the next hour we tossed and turned about what we were going to do and finally the other boy said "We are going to SLC!". We hoped in the car and left. And I am so glad we did.

On the way we talked about some of our new years resolutions which I will share in the next blog. And then I said "all I want tonight is a new years kiss" and after that was said I was DETERMINED to get it.

We got to the dance and it was CRAZY. There were so many people, and you could see everyone on the prowl. It is hilarious to watch singles at social events like this. They often talk to one person while scanning the room for others. I giggled to myself as I saw a few guys check ladies out. One guy said behind me as we were walking in "bro, I want to watch this girl work it". SERIOUSLY? But who am I to judge, I was on the prowl myself tonight.

We walked into the actual part of the dance and one of the first guys I noticed was Him (his identity will be kept secret). He was standing with a group of guys, all pretty good looking guys. He loked at me and made that look like He was trying to figure out how he knew me and asked, "hey didn't you serve in my mission, Rosario?". I stumbled a little, He did not look familiar to me at all. Apparently he remembered meeting me the first day in the field for Him and my last transfer. I was picking up my Greeney and I made a comment on how nice their shoes looked (nice new shoes I hadn't seen or worn in months).

We talked for a minute but they ran off dancing crazy and I found some other guys to dance with. We left the floor for a while and I still looked around thinking "who am I going to kiss!?". Then a slow song came on and I rushed back in to search Him out. Found Him with only a minute in the song to spare, we danced slow, danced hip hop, danced crazy with my friends and his around. I thought, "this is it, I am going to kiss Him tonight". I felt like the last ten minutes were the longest ever on a dance floor.

As we counted down Him and I were facing each other I got close (I know I was being forward) and said "New Years kiss?" And BOOM. I don't want to put all the juicy details on here but DANG it was good. It was tender, sweet, and good. Wow. Yea. It was awesome. And then I said "thanks for giving me my New Years wish" and I just left. No number exchange, no talk of meeting up again and really I didn't care (however, if he somehow gets ahold of me and asks to hang I wont be mad;).

Tonight I rang in the New Year perfectly. I set a goal, I reached it, and now I feel even better about moving forward with all of my goals including IRONMAN DEC 13TH 2012 COZUMEL!

No comments:

Post a Comment