Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Fear of Failure

(What's even more funny about this picture is that the L is backwards)

Last night at institute we talked about Fear of Failure and why it can sometimes keep us from doing great things in our life or even from just doing good.

In our managers meeting at work yesterday my boss Ryan joked about how him and our other co-worker were going to make it to the Ironman and that I maybe, might be there.

I know there are a lot of people that really don't think I will do this and I will admit that sometimes I don't think I can do it. But I am not going to let the fear of failure keep me from reaching this goal that I decided I wanted to do years ago. Or the fact that I haven't completed things in the past keep me from trying.

I could fail, and fail miserably but the cool thing is I could finish, I could finish an Ironman. I sometimes visualize that finish line and think about that feeling that I will get and that's what keeps me going at 5:30 am workouts.

At the end of the day I really don't know what is going to happen come Dec 1, 2013. But I do no that I will not let fear or the lack of confidence from others or myself keep me from reaching this goal.

4 comments:

  1. You can do it Bree! I just started 5:30am workouts and it is so hard, but at the end of the day it is so nice to know that I can relax or do the things that I need to do because I already had my work out for the day. I am not training for anything other than training myself to be healthier, fitter and happier. I wish you the best of luck and am rooting for you here in Washington!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Melissa! I can't see your blog... do we know each other or did you just come across my blog?

      Delete
  2. I believe in you Bree. I'm just hoping we can some how tag along. :)

    ReplyDelete