Thursday, November 14, 2013

Loving and Leaving


When I first decided for sure I was heading to Argentina I didn’t think that I would worry too much about leaving my husband. Don’t get me wrong, I love him dearly and I would HATE it if he left me for 10 days, but I thought it would be easy on my end.

But the last week it has kicked in and I am so sad knowing that in less then 5 hours I am leaving him for 10 days. I don’t really know how people do it so much and so often.

I think part of the sadness is that I am going to a different country without him and I am carrying his child. Apart of him is in me and I am going somewhere far away and anything could happen. I mean this could be the last time I ever see him (insert melodramatic sigh).

Luckily the last few days have been wonderful. I made a point to try and be as sweet and kind as I can so we could really enjoy these last few days before I go. Man, I am making it sound like I am going to die, but what if I do?! 

I decided to write him a cute little note for everyday that I am gone. Just a memory or a reason why I love him. I loved doing this because it forced me to think through some of these moments and really ponder and enjoy the sweetness of the past 6 months. 

(I also bought him a deep tissue message on Groupon for a great deal!)

I gave this to him last night and then asked him to add some movies to my phone so I can watch on the long plane and bus rides and to just leave some good chill music on there. This morning I woke up to only this left in my music:


It's our wedding song and all the Islander music I love. Is he trying to make me miss him eve more when I am gone!?

"Don't cry for me, AAAAAAAAron!"

Vamos Argentina!

No comments:

Post a Comment